A few weeks ago I threw a little Birthday Dinner Soiree for my dear friend, Christina. I wanted to do something cute and simple that gave an aura of *happy*... and I think it ended up being just that. Some pointers on how to create your own birthday soiree:
I got a little creative with Photoshop and added a little 'happy birthday' message. Also used tissue paper for the top, instead of a present bow.
How to: Mini Hamburger Sliders
I am no cook; have no love for it, and anyone who knows me can contest to that. However, since I love party planning and entertaining, it kinda comes with the territory. So like everything else, when I put my mind to it, I CAN do it! These sliders came out delicious by the way!!
Recipe for Sliders (makes 24 sliders):
- 2 pounds ground beef (or get 3 packs of 8 piece mini beef patties from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup horse radish sauce
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 6-7 slices of Havarti Cheese
- 24 dinner rolls, split (or get 3 packs of 8 piece mini hamburger buns from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup sliced pickles (optional)
- I bag of spinach (with a vinaigrette dressing)
- 24 olives and toothpicks (for garnish)
1) Set patties in frying pan on medium heat. Sprinkle lightly with pepper and salt.* Fry 3-5 minutes on each side (timing depends on cooked meat preferences). If you do not have mini slider patties, you can section the meat off and then use cupcake liners to make it round. Flatten so they are 1 inch thick.
*You may add seasoning to patties, garlic, onions, cheese, etc..
2) Cut Havarti cheese slices into 4 mini squares.When patties are almost done, place a cheese square on top of the patty to melt.
3) You may toast the bun if desired.4) To make special sauce: mix mayo, ketchup, mustard and horse radish sauce in a small bowl. Add a spoon of special sauce to one side of the bun.
5) Place patty with cheese on bun. Add a few spinach leaves to the top (the spinach with dressing is yummier).
6) After slider is set in place, add olive at the top with toothpick through the top bun.
7) For sides: sea salt & pepper potato chips (Trader Joe's) and spinach salad with a vinaigrette dressing.
|The *happy* birthday girl|
|The cakes: courtesy of Mirela & Camelia|
How to: Table settings
I purchased 7 scrapbook 12x12 printed sheets to use 6 as place mats. You can laminate these to have permanently but I did not have the time. With the last sheet, I used it to cut 1" strips and then I cut the strip in 1/2 in the middle and rolled the strips around the napkins with forks. A cute matching table setting idea for cheap :)